seat - part III

back to the seat for another multi-hour battle.

today, scott cut the seat pan out of a sheet of 3/8" hdpe plastic. the goal is to maintain stock mounting points, add rigidity and create a clean even edge along the frame to anchor the new seat leather to (something you can't do with the stock pan).

first, he cut the pan.


next, he test fit on the bike.


and finally (at least for part III, cause we've clearly got a long way) he married the new seat pan to the oem seat pan. so far so good.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Scott,
    I love your work! It has definitely inspired me to do stuff to my Bonnie. So I'm thinking about getting a new seat but don't want to spend $400+ on it. I saw your's and I instantly fell in love with it.
    This is a long shot but would you be willing to sell me a copy of the New Seat Pan tracing? Of course, I'd pay you. (I'm in So Cal as well) Please let me know.
    Please email me back at bogiewon28@gmail.com

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete